Don't waste your "want".

This mindset will radically change your life.

This could be your greatest season ever.

You're probably not new to goal-setting, vision-casting, resolution-making. You've accomplished some and been proud. You've lost track of some and felt regret.

Why is it that, by some estimations, only about 8% of people achieve what they want? What do they know--what do they have!--that the other 92% of us don't?

Do they have a greater head-start?

Do they have more resources?

Do they have better ideas?

Maybe some of us are just awful at setting goals, but I don't think so. In fact, you might be one of the many people I know who are actually too good at envisioning the future.

I think the difference between goal-crushing joy and soul-crushing regret all comes down to one factor.

One indicator that, at the outset, tells me if you will be in the 8% or not.

There are 3 different ways people approach their lives. Right now, you’re preparing to attack this season with one of these 3 approaches:

1. Some people are wasting their lives.

This is probably not you (especially if you're reading about achieving goals!).

These are the people in your radius who don’t have any sense of vision for their lives, their marriages, their kids, careers, their spiritual selves.

They’ve chosen, and they won’t say this, but they’ve chosen to be a victim of their emotions and their circumstances.

2. Some people spend their lives wanting.

  • We want rich, meaningful lives. We want faith that fuels and focuses us.

  • We want to have financial freedom.

  • We want our lives to matter for something.

  • We want to lose 14 pounds. We want to meet “the one”.

People living life here (and maybe this is you) are people who have no problem picturing how they want life to be. However, month after month, year after year, many of us endure regret and disappointment—wondering why there’s still so much distance between where we are and what we want.

3. A few people are willing.

I'm going to be very, very honest with you. Most people I encounter who are wasting their lives aren’t pretending to be willing.

Most people I encounter who are wanting their lives to change believe they are also willing…but they’re really…not.

And here’s how you can tell…

  • Undoubtedly, you want to grow, heal, progress. Be proud of that! You already have a huge advantage.

  • Now, ask yourself, "I want to grow this year. Will I do what's necessary?"

Here's how you predict your future.

There's no way around this: the life that WILL do something stands a far better chance than the life that simply wants something to change. "Will" beats "Want" every. time.

This is the mark of a life that will change. It's the life that says, "I will take that step. I will start that habit. I will say “no”. I will say “yes”. I will take that risk.

"Why? Because I’m not just wanting my life to improve. I’m willing to see it through."

No one has ever coasted into their full potential. You will have to choose it.

To take this idea further, I encourage you to check out my (free) growth series, WILL > WANT by visiting the media page or subscribing to the Radius Church podcast.


Recent Posts

See All